Monday, September 18, 2006

Possible Performance Idea

Nothing real set in stone, but I'd like to do a series of short interviews and put together a little clip of responses. I'm currently kicking around two different ideas.

The first would be to play a thirty-second clip of something old from the first listening list and get people's reactions.

The second would be to see what people know about the origins of blues or blues artists. How do different people define the genre?

Of course I would need some way to splice the clips together, though I do have my own digital voice recorder for use.

In class I would explain the process, what I thought was going to happen, what did happen, and finally, play the clip.

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

This sounds totally excellent, and I'm really excited to hear what you produce! Note, however, that you'll need to get started pretty promptly so you have time for things like the editing.