Monday, October 09, 2006

Blog Summary for 10/10

First of all, I'd like to say that this class has given me my first exposure to the whole "blogging" scene. With this being my first exposure to the lifestyle, the legend and the community that blogging provides, it has become apparent that others also have varying backgrounds in the subject.

Whoever blogs under the name "Random Stuff Plus Homework" obviously has previous exposure to the scene. With seven of the ten most recent blogs, his entries range from rants about laundry, the local McDonalds, religious programming in Morris, and trips to the Twin Cities area (can you really dislike a blog that starts out by saying "Grr! I hate laundry!"). Clearly, it falls a little bit more on the "Random Stuff" side than the "Plus Homework" side, but I was entertained by his writings.

All in all, the ten most recent posts weren't all that scholarly--but they did provide several comments on recent in-class performances, including my favorite, from "Greenstar" who talked about her nervousness during her American Sign Language in-class performance this past week. Personally, I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the performance and the depth of her research into deaf musicians. Her comment about audience response made me think more about the performance. "I did not get to practice signing my song much so yes, normally it is a lot beter to watch because you can consider, facial expression, body movement, timing, and much more." Would deaf musicians perform differently? Usually when we think of any photographed rock star playing guitar now, we see them either with their eyes closed, or attentively looking at their instruments. Hmmmmmm......

Maybe a few more posts regarding the reading would've been nice, but I know it can be hard to keep up with the reading, seeing as I have only done two blogs on the topic myself. Overall the blogs were enjoyable.

-Brady

No comments: